Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce

I scored an unseasoned beef satay in the Bargain Bin at Safeway, and made this for lunch yesterday:

Beef Satay

I sprinkled the satay with smoked paprika, Johnny's Garlic Spread, and EVOO
Broiled 5 mins. per side = medium rare.

Peanut Sauce

Creamy Peanut Butter
Light Coconut Milk (Trader Joe's - .99!)
Red pepper flakes
EVOO
Lime juice

Whisk together well.

I also modified a wonderful salad from The Essential Pepin

Persian cucumber - tiny dice
Campari tomato - seeded and chopped*
Sweet white onion - tiny dice
Cider Vinegar
Garlic Tobasco sauce
EVOO
Pepper
Sea Salt
Several fresh mint leaves torn into small pieces
LOTS of dried dill

Mix and chill. VERY refreshing!!

I am SO glad you are following me on my "Gaustatory Voyage"!!

Have FUN today in spite of the RAIN.

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment