Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gingered Chicken Thighs

I received this recipe on-line yesterday from "Taste of Home", and made my own modifications. This was part of Myra's and my feast last night. Tender, Juicy, and Delish!!

4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 T. ground ginger (freshly grated is better if you have it and the time)
1 T. lime juice or crystallized lime if you have it (I used both)
Half a can of Light Coconut Milk
1 T. honey
1 T. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 t. curry powder
1 garlic clove - minced (I always buy Safeway's minced garlic in a jar, and I used more)
1 t. smoked paprika (I added this spice which is amazing - LOVE it!!)
1/4 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Chopped green onion tops (I added these for color and more flavor)

Put thighs in a large zip lock bag. Mix all other ingredients, and pour over chicken. Marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours - turning to coat a couple of times. Preheat oven to 350. Spray glass baking dish with olive oil Pam. Place thighs in dish, with a little of the marinade. Pour out rest. Bake til done (around 20 mins. - your kitchen will smell divine).

Their recipe called for baking them in a peanut sauce (which I did not do), but here it is in case you want to (or use it for dipping):

2 T. chicken broth
2 T. O.J. (this was also in their original marinade recipe which I omitted)
1 T. reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
1/2 t. ground ginger

Whisk together.

Another BEAUTIFUL sunny day on tap. Get out there, and savor the feel of warmth on your face (apply sun block/screen first, K?).

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment