Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mustard Tarragon Chicken with Popeye Corn

This sounds good (and, I need to use some tarragon from my farm SOON so I will make it today), and I love the name "Popeye Corn":
(they both serve 6)

Mustard Tarragon Chicken:

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 t, ground mustard
1/2 t. Johnny's Garlic Spread* or garlic salt
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs*
1/4-1/2 t. dried tarragon (since I am using fresh, I will increase that to 1 t. finely chopped)
1/4 t. freshly ground pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each) - I am using drumsticks cuz that's what I have

Combine butter, mustard, and garlic salt in a shallow bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, tarragon and pepper in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place in an ungreased 13x9" baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 375 for 20-25 mins. Let rest for 5 mins. before serving.

Popeye Corn:

1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen corn (I will use my Grilled and Charred Corn from Trader Joe's)
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry (I will use hand torn fresh)
3/4 cup sour cream (I will use plain Greek yogurt)
3/4 t. sea salt* (I will use 1/2 t.)
1/2 t. Tabasco sauce*

Combine all ingredients in a 1&1/2 qt. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 mins. Stir; cook 2-3 mins. longer until heated through.

"Each day we add to our legacy - good or bad".

Find JOY in everything today.

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment