Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Braciole with Bernaise*

The recipe I read of this used Marinara. I think it would be better with Bernaise - your choice:
(serves 6)

2 lbs. thinly sliced rare* roast beef* (6 pieces)
6 oz. Genoa salami, thinly sliced (12 pieces)
5 hard cooked eggs, sliced
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1 T. EVOO
3 cups Bernaise (I use a can of Aunt Penny's Hollandaise Sauce and add fresh tarragon from my farm)*
Kitchen twine

Lay beef slices on a work surface and top them with layers of salami, eggs, parsley, garlic and cheese. Roll tightly and secure with twine. Heat oil in  a large skillet over med.-high heat. Pan fry the rolls on each side until brown, about 5 mins. per side (cook in batches if necessary). Remove from heat. Let rest then slice into circles.  Slowly heat bernaise sauce. On a serving platter, pour a pool of the sauce. Lay slices on sauce and serve.

Editor's note: I just made the Artichoke Egg Spread (yesterday's blog), and added capers. It is chilling now, and I will slather it on a slice of toasted dark rye. Lucky me!!

"Hope is not what you expect; it is what you would never dream."

Have FUN today!!!!

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment