Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Fajitas

I made this one up, and did the prep for it yesterday (this is for you, Sierra):

1 lb. boneless steak
1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 sweet white onion, cut into strips
Crystallized lime (you can get this in the spice aisle of Safeway - it is called True Lime)
Smoked paprika
Cumin
Freshly ground pepper
EVOO

Cut steak into strips and put into a med. bowl. Sprinkle liberally with smoked paprika, cumin, pepper, and True Lime. Add a little EVOO, and mix. Put into a zip lock bag. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Put pepper and onion into a baggie, and also sprinkle with the spices and a little oil. Put in fridge overnight, as well. Heat skillet to med. high, and saute veggies til onions are caramelized, and peppers soft. Add meat, and stir to cook til med. rare. Serve with warm flour tortillas, and all the usual fajita accoutrements (ie: shredded Mexican cheese, salsa, etc.). Hand him a cold Tecate, and watch him SMILE!!

Release what can't be changed, and celebrate the relief that follows!!

Thanks, Dad for taking me to symphony concerts at I.S.U., and teaching me to listen to each instrument individually. And, for showing me how to throw a spiral pass with a football!!

Have FUN today.

Love,

MM

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I finally got my upstairs computer working!!! Thank you Deb for this recipe and guess what??? I'm making it tonight!!! YUM! Love you and love your blog so much!!!

    ReplyDelete