Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Feta Spread

I saw this one in a mag. that came in our paper this morning - I made the addition of lemon juice (and they said to use dried herbs, but since I grow almost all my own, I will harvest what I need for this recipe):

8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 t. fresh oregano, finely chopped
1/2 t. fresh marjoram, finely chopped
1/2 t. fresh dill, finely chopped
1 pinch dried crushed red pepper
1 good squirt of lemon juice
2 T EVOO

In a small bowl, use a fork to stir together all the ingredients until combined. The mixture should still retain a chunky texture (make a creamier version by combining the ingredients in a food processor and pulsing 6-8 times). You can serve this with warm pita wedges, veggies, and Greek olives, or spread on lamb burgers. Sounds yumola to me!!

"With God behind you, and His arms beneath you, you can face whatever lies ahead of you!" from today's Our Daily Bread.

Have FUN today.

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment