Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Korean Crab Salad in Butter Lettuce Leaves

Saw this one in my new Clean Eating mag. Here is their quote: "This coastal favorite gets a spicy twist from gochujang, also called Korean chile paste."
(serves 4)

1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 t. kosher* salt
1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 T. gochujang
2 T. minced shallot
8 oz. jumbo or lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
4 large butter lettuce leaves
Dill fronds* and lemon wedges* for garnish

Whisk vinegar and salt in a med. bowl until the salt is dissolved. Add cucumber and toss to coat. Let stand at room temp., stirring occasionally, for 20 mins. Transfer the cucumber to a small bowl with a slotted spoon. Discard all but 1 T. of the vinegar; whisk in mayonnaise, gochujang, and shallot. Add crab and gently stir to combine. Distribute crab mixture equally between the lettuce leaves, top with some cucumbers slices, and a dill frond, and lemon wedge.

"I used to pray that God would feed the hungry or do this or that, but know I pray that He will guide me to do whatever I am supposed to do, what I can do. I used to pray for answers, now I pray for strength. I used to believe that prayer changes things, but know I know that prayer changes us, and we change things."  ~ Mother Teresa

Have FUN today. Goodbye, August!!!

Love,

MM
































                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment