Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

Dijon Beef Tenderloin Steaks

I hope you all had a wonderful time with family and friends spent feasting and in fellowship yesterday. I know I did!! And, I am SURE you thought I would do a "leftovers" recipe today. Nope!!Moving on. Tho, I'll bet everyone will have at least one turkey sammie. This one floated my boat when I saw it.
(serves 4)

4 beef tenderloin steaks (1" thick and 4 oz. each)
1/2 t. kosher* salt
1/4 t. freshly* ground pepper
5 T. Kerrygold* butter, divided
1 large sweet* onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 cup low-sodium* beef stock
1 T. Dijon mustard

Sprinkle steaks with S&P. In a skillet, heat 2 T. butter over med.-high heat. Add steaks; cook 4-6 mins. per side or until meat reaches desired doneness (med. rare - 140-145). Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat 1 T. butter over med. heat. Add onion; cook 4-6 mins. or until tender. Stir in stock; bring to a boil. Cook 1-2 mins. or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in mustard; remove from heat. Cut remaining butter; stir into sauce. Serve with steaks. I think bright green steamed broccoli, and a loaded baked potato would be fab. with this meal!!*

"Integrity is not a given factor in everyone's life. It is a result of self discipline, inner trust, and a decision to be relentlessly honest in all situations in our lives."

Have FUN today, and Gird Your Loins if you are entering the Fray, Madness, and Mayhem of "Black Friday!!"

Love,

MM


No comments:

Post a Comment