Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Lemony Gremolata

I made this yesterday using my marble mortar and pestle. We put it on top of our haricot verts (with a bit of butter, of course, huh, A.D.?!)
(Makes about 3 T.)

1 bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves*
1 large clove of garlic, peeled
1 lemon
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Finely mince parsley leaves until you have about 2 T. worth. Mince the garlic. Use a lemon zester or fine grater* to remove about 1 t. of lemon zest. Combine all ingredients in a mortar, and using the pestle, pound and grind together. I also added a few drops of lemon juice* (cuz I CAN!!). It will be  bright green. Almost - a paste. So DELISH!!!!! OMGOSH. Everyone went back for seconds on these beans.

I am going shopping for more "stage/band" clothes today, then get to crack the spine of one of my new The Pioneer Woman cookbooks. YAY. Making frijoles for dinner to serve on small crispy tostadas with Queso Fresco and avocado. Recipe tomorrow, K?

Peace and Love - and now go Carpe Diem!!!!!!

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment