Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Creamy Fruit Salad

I think this sounds very refreshing on the warm (YAY) day we are supposed to have:

2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1/2" chunks
1 medium Honey Dew melon, cut into 1/" chunks (about 2 cups)
1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks in their own juice*, drained
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt*
1/2 cup cream of coconut
Toasted shredded coconut*
Pinch of sea salt*

Put all ingredients except shredded coconut in a large bowl, and stir to coat. Place shredded coconut in a dry non-stick pan on med. heat, and let toast til lightly browned and aromatic. Watch carefully, and stir often. Remove from heat, let cool, and sprinkle over top of salad. Serve with warm artisan bread.

Editor's note: my black bean soup (yesterday's blog) was OUTSTANDING. And, I added a squirt of lime juice before serving. I took the rest downstairs to leave on "warm" for my peeps, and I noticed this morning that there was NONE left!! :)

"Jump for joy today". And, have FUN in the sun.

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment