Pages

Friday, May 26, 2017

Three Ways to Top a Burger!!

Seems most appropriate with Memorial Day cookouts coming on Monday. These were all grilled and made using 85% lean ground beef, but you could use ground lamb, bison, chicken, turkey, or even black beans. Make sure to generously season with Kosher* salt and freshly* ground pepper. Editor's Note: The Roasted Tomatillo Salsa was insanely good and very fresh. I made a Mexican Hamburger yesterday and slathered it with the Salsa - TDF.
(makes 1 burger)

Light and Crispy (The Scandinavian-inspired version):
Fresh dill
Sliced Persian* cucumber
Thinly* sliced red onion
Havarti cheese

Bold and Tangy:
Shredded radicchio, tossed with red wine vinegar and olive oil with a bit of salt
Sweet onion, sliced into rounds, brushed with olive oil, seasoned with S&P, and grilled -
     turning once
Feta cheese

Rich and Robust:
Arugula
Cremini mushrooms, halved, brushed with olive oil, seasoned with S&P, and grilled, turning,
     until charred in places, 5-7 min.
Fontina cheese
Whole grain mustard

"I no longer allow people to cause chaos in my life. I leaned that I am deserving of peace. That I do not have to ask for love. I learned that I am allowed to choose who I want around me, and who I never want near me. This life is the only thing that Is truly mine, and I refuse to feel guilty for wanting tranquility."

Have FUN on this Happy Friday, Friends!!!!

Love,

Chef Machete Milletti

No comments:

Post a Comment