Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

MM's Roasted Cornish Game Hens with Preserved Lemons, Thyme, and Onion

I made these today for my friend, Myra and me. Just INSANE!!!!
(serves 2)

2 Cornish Game Hens, thawed, rinsed well, and patted dry
2 preserved lemon slices
1 quarter sweet onion
2 sprigs lemon thyme
1 t. poultry seasoning (I used Rachael Ray's)
1 stick Kerrygold herb butter

Preheat oven to 400. Stuff cavity with lemon, onion, and thyme sprigs. Melt herb butter; add poultry seasoning. Brush all over and inside hens. Place on a rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Roast til instant read thermometer reads 165; baste every 15 min., and turn the broiler on for the last 15 min. to brown. Let rest 10-15 min. under foil before serving. I also had baked potatoes with butter, sour cream,o and chives, and a wedge salad with julienned beets, English cuc. slices, and red onion rings with Caesar dressing. YUMOLA.

Fa la la la laaaa la la la laaaaa!!

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment