Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Tomatoes and Feta

I saw this in the paper this morning, and just happen to have half a cauliflower head and some tomatoes I want to use before I leave for Cocoa Beach, Florida tonight, so this is perfect!! Editor's note: I have a new Tablet computer that I am taking with me, and I will TRY to publish my blog, but if I can't figure it out, I will be back on line next Wednesday. Til then, I suggest you enjoy scrolling through older posts. Enjoy!!
(makes 4 servings - total yield of tomato topping is about 1&1/3 cups)

2&1/2 T. EVOO, divided
Coconut* oil cooking spray
4 cauliflower steaks, cut about 1/-3/4" thick
Kosher* salt and freshly* ground pepper, to taste
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered (I am using Campari*)
2 t. capers, rinsed and drained
3 T. minced fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
3 T. minced fresh basil
1 T. red wine vinegar
1 t. balsamic vinegar
6 T. feta cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large rimmed* baking sheet with cooking spray. To cut cauliflower steaks, trim away outer leaves and the end of the stem, leaving the core intact. Using a large knife, cut the steak from the center of the head, cutting straight down through the florets and the core. Heat 1 T. oil in a large nonstick skillet over med. high heat. Place 2 steaks in a single layer in the skillet. Season lightly with S&P. Cook 2-3 min. or until bottom is light golden brown. Turn the steaks over and cook until golden brown on the on the second side. Transfer steaks to the baking sheet, arranging in a single layer. Add another T. oil to the skillet, and add the remaining 2 cauliflower steaks, cook as preciously directed and place on the baking sheet. Bake the cauliflower, uncovered, until just tender, about 15 min. Meanwhile, return the skillet to med. heat. Add the remaining 1/2 t. oil to the skillet. Add the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender. Stir in garlic and cook 3 sec. Stir in tomatoes and cook until hot, about 2-3 min. Stir in the capers and herbs. Add both vinegars and heat through. To serve, top each hot, roasted cauliflower steak with about 1/3 cup tomato mixture and sprinkle with 1&1/2 T. feta.

"All of creation reflects the beauty of God."

Have FUN today!!!

Love,

Machete Milletti

No comments:

Post a Comment