Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

Fried Chicken Sammies

This is touted as "The Best Chicken Sandwich Ever". See whatcha think!!
(serves 4)

Slaw:
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
1/3 cup shredded carrots
1 thinly sliced shallot
4 sliced scallions
3 T. mayonnaise
2 T. unfiltered* cider vinegar
Kosher* salt and freshly* ground pepper, to taste

Sandwiches:
1&1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. kosher* salt
1 t. freshly ground pepper
1/4-1/2 t. cayenne pepper, to taste*
1&1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1&1/2 lbs. total)
4 cups neutral* oil, for frying
4 sandwich rolls, toasted (I would use onion rolls*)
Mayonnaise
Pickled jalapenos (optional)

To make the slaw: Toss together the first 5 ingredients. Whisk mayo. and vinegar and fold into cabbage mixture. Season with S&P; cover* and refrigerate.

To make the sandwiches:  In a bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Pour buttermilk into another bowl. Trim excess fat from chicken. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in buttermilk (allow excess to drip off), and coat again with flour mixture. Place a on a rimmed* baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. In a deep, heavy skillet, heat oil to 350. Add 2 pieces of chicken. Cook 4 min., then and cook another 4 min. until cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with remaining chicken. Spread each roll with some mayo. Top with a piece of chicken, some slaw, and a few pickled jalapenos, if using. I would serve these with Lay's Original Chips*, dill pickle spears*, and Tuscan melon cubes*.

Today say to yourself, "I will breathe. I will think of solutions. I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe. And, it will be okay because I Don't Quit!"

And, don't forget to have some fun.

Love,

Machete Milletti

No comments:

Post a Comment