Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wild and Brown Rice Citrus Salad with Cranberries

Here's a zippy one that uses no mayo. - so perfect for summer picnics and outings!!
(serves 4)

1 cup combined wild and brown rice
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
2 green onions, finely sliced
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. EVOO
2 T. honey
2 T. fresh orange juice
3/4 t. orange zest
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Pinch of kosher* salt

Cook rice as per directions and cool in the fridge. Combine liquid and pour over rice. Add rest of ingredients; stir to mix well. Chill.

"Life has knocked me down a few times. It has shown me things I never wanted to see. I have experienced sadness and failures. But one thing is for sure, I ALWAYS get back up."

Have FUN today!!!

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment