Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

MM's Beans and Ham in the Slow Cooker

K., this is it - my first time making this (and I am writing down the ingredients as I go):

Smoked ham shank, scored
Small ham steak, diced
1 pkg. small white beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
Baby carrots, cut into small circles
1 stalk of celery, diced
1 med. sweet white onion, diced
1 bag baby spinach, stems removed
1 small sweet red pepper, diced
1 small sweet orange pepper, diced
1 small sweet yellow pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 paper box container of low sodium chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 t. thyme
1 t. fresh marjoram
Pinch of Herbs de Provence
Dash of Tajin (I found this at Safeway in the produce dept. - it is a dry blend of chiles, salt and lime)
1 t. Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper
Freshly ground pepper

Put all ingredients in the slow cooker, and cook on low 8-10 hours. Add a splash of cider vinegar or lemon juice to serving bowls. I am going to make mini corn bread muffins to which I will add mild chopped green chiles, 4 cheese shredded Mexican blend, and smoked paprika to accompany.

Editor's note: For you new readers, these are the three ways I get my recipes for this blog:
1. MM's (Machete Milletti is my chef name) - I have made up the recipe
2. I have seen a recipe in my millions of food mags. and cook books I read, and have made it
    myself.
3. A recipe I read catches my eye, and I want to share it with you, but haven't tried it yet.
    The asterisks I use denote changes in ingredients I would use, add, or delete.

Now ya know!!

RE: plans - "Write your plans in pencil, and remember that God has the eraser"

Have FUN today.

OBTW, this is in my slow cooker NOW, and the aroma in here is absolutely AMAZING!!!

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment