Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My lunch and dinner today

I scored some "extra meaty" pork ribs at Safeway in the BB yesterday so will do a dry rub of Mesquite seasoning and Johnny's Garlic Spread, bake and serve with a small bowl of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on the side. Accompanying will be garlic mashed potatoes to which I will add my Boursin Cheese (see Monday's blog), and Bush's Homestyle Baked beans to which I will add cream horseradish and caramelized onions. This is lunch.

Dinner will be a Spinach Salad with Orange Vinaigrette I saw on-line from Taste of Home (tho, of course, I am adding ingredients - finely diced red onion, crisp bacon bits, and slivered almonds).

This recipe serves 4 (obviously, I am cutting it down to 1!)

3 medium oranges
1/3 cup olive oil
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
4 t. sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw)
1/2 t. salt (sea salt is WAY better than the blue round box)
1/2 t. freshly ground pepper
3 slices of crisp bacon - crumbled
1/3 cup red wind vinegar
tiny diced red onions
a palm full of slivered almonds
1 package (6 oz) of baby spinach
1/2 cup shredded mozz. cheese (I am not using this)
1/2 cup " " Parmesan (I will use my veggie peeler to make shaved curls)

Directions:

Finely grate peel of one orange and set aside. Cut the same orange in half, squeeze juice into a cup measuring cup. Add the oil, Wor. sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and reserved orange peel. Gradually whisk in vinegar; set aside. Peel and discard white membrane from the remaining oranges, and cut into sections (I will use one orange for the juice and peel, and use Mandarin Oranges instead). In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheeses, and orange sections. Drizzle with 1/4 cup vinaigrette, toss to coat, and top with bacon, almonds, and onion. Refridgerate remaining vinaigrette for another use (pork tenderloin, or citrus chicken).

YUMOLA!!

Have FUN today.

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment