Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Lemony Garbanzo Salad (400 calories or less)

"Everybody goes for this super-fresh salad with the cumin-coriander dressing, especially on warm days." ~ Sonya Labbe. Editor's note: I am going to make this today! I either have all the ingredients in my spice rack or out on my balcony farm!!!! Again, when you see I have used an asterisk*, it denotes changes I would make, or info. for my readers.!!
(serves 4, takes 15 min. to prepare)

1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
3 T. freshly squeezed* lemon juice
3/4 t. ground cumin
1/4 t. freshly ground black*pepper (FYI: white peppercorns contain Gluten*)
2 cans (15 oz. each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed WELL*
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 T. minced fresh parsley (I will use flat-leaf from my farm*)
1 T. orange marmalade (not sure I will use this, but have it*)
4 cups spring mix salad greens (I will use iceberg or romaine*)
Lemon wedges*, for serving (my suggestion*)

In a large bowl, whisk together the 1st 6 ingredients; stir in the beans and green onions. In another bowl, mix yogurt, parsley, and marmalade. To serve, divide greens among 4 plates; top with bean mixture. Serve with yogurt sauce and lemon wedges.

"Let's work together to build the kingdom of God."

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment