Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

5 Minute Catalina Crunch Salad (from Kraft)

Editor's note to any new readers (and WELCOME!!): I am a Gourmet and Personal chef, and dedicated FOODIE!!! My intention with this blog is to give YOU, my followers, ideas, and suggestions. If you see MM's preceding the recipe title, it is MY recipe. If you see an asterisk*, it denotes suggestions, or changes I would or have made. Recipes are only what they are. - GUIDELINES!! YOU get to decide which ingredients to include, and which to leave out. Example: you HATE cilantro. Leave it out. You LOVE flat leaf parsley, Use that!! I will give credit to any recipe I see in my millions (not literally) of food mags. and cookbooks I own, unless there is a specific caviot that prohibits me from sharing culinary creation ideas with YOU. I also strongly advise you to read through the entire recipe before embarking on the journey, as it might require overnight marination. It is also VERY helpful to watch the Food Network Channel on TV or your computer/phone, etc. for ideas!! Nuff said....................

(Prep time: 5 min./Total: 5 min/Makes 4 servings (again, double or half depending on YOUR needs!!*)

What you need:
1 large head romaine (I would use iceberg*) lettuce, torn or cut* (about 10 cups)
3 cups sliced cooked chicken breast (rotisserie chix is great for this*) about 3/4 lb.
2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, (I grow these on my balcony farm*), cut crosswise in half
1 large tomato (I love Campari*), cut into wedges
1 green, yellow, or red sweet bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cup Kraft Classic Catalina Dressing (or YOUR choice of the dressing YOU like*)
1/3 cup Planters Dry Roasted Sunflower Kernels (or pepitas*, or walnuts*, or almonds*)

Make it: 
Toss first 5 ingredients in a large bowl (a see through glass trifle bowl is great for this if preparing for a crowd*). Drizzle with dressing just before serving; toss lightly. Top with sunflower kernals.

REJOICE, and be GLAD!!!!!! Make sure you get to have some FUN today!!

Love,

Machete Milletti (aka MM, aka chef Deb)




No comments:

Post a Comment