Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Garlic-Apple Pork Roast

I saw this in the Taste of Home mag., and am making this in my crock pot today - with my modifications - always denoted by an asterisk* :
(12 servings)

1 boneless pork loin roast (3&1/2-4 lbs.)
1 jar (12 oz.) apple jelly (ya, Bon Chance finding it - I even called Smuckers in Ohio - not sold here, 
     or even in MN. - I am am using Washington Apple Butter*)
1/2 cup water
2&1/2 minced garlic (I am using garlic paste*)
1 T. dried parsley flakes
1-1&1/2 t. Johnny's Garlic Spread Seasoning*
1-1&1/2 t. freshly ground* pepper

Place roast in 5 qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, water, and garlic; pour over roast. Sprinkle with parsley, S&P. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 15 mins. before slicing. Save the cooking juices for a bowl of au jus on the table. I am going to make spinach and chive linguine Alfredo with shaved Parmesan, and steamed Brussels sprouts - buttered, lemoned and S&P'd. Sounds YUMOLA to me. Can't wait to smell the aroma when I come home from Church!!

"Growth takes place in quietness, in hidden ways, in silence and solitude. The process is not accessible to observation."

Have FUN today!! Go Seahawks Go Broncos!!!

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment