Pages

Friday, September 7, 2018

Spiced Mushrooms with Garlic Sauce

I just got back from a long vacation with good friends (including an almost 3 year old VERY smart, strong and stubborn little boy who caught his first fish, and I cooked it for him = FUNOLA), and found this one in my The Vinegar Book. These sound delish to me!! Editor's note: this recipe required an overnight process, so be aware!
(no serving size given)

1 lb. fresh whole mushrooms (I would use Cremini*)
1/2 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 t. soy sauce (I would use Ponzu - a citrus soy sauce*)
1 t. hot pepper sauce - to your taste  (I would use Tabasco*)
1 t. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 T. freshly grated ginger root*
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped

Blanch mushrooms in boiling water for 2 min., drain and pat dry. Put all ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate overnight. Pile the mushrooms on spinach leaves and serve with hot garlic sauce.

"Whatever challenges you most, decide now that your are going to set your mind for total victory!"

Love,

Machete Millett (AKA Chef Deb)


No comments:

Post a Comment