Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

MM's Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

Editor's note: this is a FAV. of a very good friend of mine, and I tweak it each time I make my recipe, but here is:
(1 jalapeno = 2 servings)

Medium jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise, (wear gloves!!!), seeds scraped out (that is where a lot of the
    heat lives - use a spoon)
Cream cheese, softened (I like to use herbed, but you can add your favorite - today I added cilantro)
Any cheese you like, shredded (today I used Monterey Jack - pepper Jack is good, too)
Smoked uncured bacon (with no nitraits or 'trites)- 1 slice per jalapeno half
Wooden toothpicks - to secure bacon

I bake my bacon at 350.  Place strips on a wire rack placed over a rimmed baking sheet pan. =. less grease in the air, and less mess to clean up in the microwave or in a frying pan. Bake it close to crisp, but still pliable - leave the oven on. Meanwhile prep the jalapeno halves. I use a spoon to remove the seeds, then a spreader to fill with cream cheese. Top each with shredded cheese. Remove bacon from oven; place on paper towels to drain and cool to the touch. Wrap bacon around each jalapeno half (secure with a toothpick, if needed), and place on another rimmed sheet pan (or wipe the first sheet pan clean of excess grease), and put the stuffed jalapeno halves back in the oven.til the cheese has melted, and the bacon is crisp. Remove, and cool. Bon Appetit!!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

God, in His infinite wisdom, only gives us 24 hours at a time; so SAVOR every bite and minute, bloom where you are planted, and help each other. We were made to live in Community, not on an island alone!!

Love,

Machete Milletti (Aka MM, Chef Deb, Stix, Millett)

P.S. Editor's note: I have to have a tooth extracted, but will continue to share recipe ideas I think you might be interested in, even if I can't enjoy them for a bit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment