Pages

Monday, September 24, 2018

Lemon-Pesto Chicken ~ Community Table

"CHICKEN OUT! = A homemade dinner doesn't get any easier (or tastier) than this quick meal from Rachel Hollis." Editor's note: This is an excerpt from her book REAL LIFE DINNERS, that I thought you would enjoy, Dear Readers. EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY - as I used to say when I was a product demonstrator!! Food = Community. Food = Comfort. Food = Celebrations. Food = Survival. Food = FUN. And, to quote one of the MANY products I have endorsed, "Food Should Taste Good"! Again, remember that when I use an asterisk*, it denotes changes or suggestions I would make or use...........And, make sure to read the recipe all the way through to save, "DOH"!! Esp. if the recipe calls for overnight marination, etc. Cooking is an adventure that (SHOULD*) yields GREAT results, but ya gotta pay attention to details.....
(serves 4)

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed ( I would use thighs*)
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen whole green beans (or use fresh from your garden, farm, or farmers' market*)
Cooking spray (I use coconut* oil cooking spray I get at Trader Joe's*)
1/2 cup prepared pesto (why not make your own?*)
2 T. lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best*)
1 T. cornstarch (the binder*)
1/2 t. salt (I use kosher* salt or sea* salt, or Maldon* or Himalayan* - depending on the result I want*)
1/4 t. freshly* ground black pepper (white* pepper contains gluten*)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken and green beans into an 8x6x2" casserole dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine pesto, lemon juice, cornstarch, S&P. Pour pesto mixture over chicken and green beans, and toss to coat evenly. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly. Remove casserole from oven, top with cheese, turn up heat to 425, and return to oven. Bake 10-15 min., until browned. Serve with a wedge* salad*, and warm garlic bread*. The aromas alone will have em running to see, "What's for Dinner?"!!

"Happiness is doing the right thing."

Share some of your Happiness today with someone who needs some. "Happiness is a fleeting emotion. JOY comes from the Lord".

I wish you Peace, Joy, and Love,

MM (aka Machete Milletti/Chef Deb)



No comments:

Post a Comment