Pages

Friday, July 20, 2018

Pan-Seared Flounder (Tilapia, Fluke, or Sole) ~ Adapted recipe from AR mag.

Editor's note.: I LOVE Flounder!!! Once - on a Florida vacation by myself - I walked from my motel on the beach.to the port, and talked to the fishermen returning with their Catch of the Day. I asked them where they would recommend I walk to for flounder that evening. I went through a torrential downpour (typical of FL.) to a little tiny joint, and had the BEST I had ever had!! This humble and simple recipe might just rival. Think of Sole Menieure..................................I once saw Julia Child (ONE of my Culinary Heros!!) make Sole Menieure - what FUN to watch her and listen to her wisdom and wit as she described how she made it for dinner for Paul and her.
(serves 4)

4 (4 oz.) fish (of your choice*) fillets
1/2 t. kosher* salt
1/2 t. freshly* ground black pepper
1/3 cup flour (with or without Gluten*)
1&1/2 T. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2 T. butter (the original recipe calls for unsalted - I use Kerrygold salted butter, almost exclusively*)
A few capers, rinsed
Lemon wedges, for serving

Rinse fish fillets and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides of fish with S&P. Put flour in a shallow bowl, then dredge fish in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil in a skillet over med.-high heat. Cook fish until it flakes easily with a fork, about 2 min. per side. Transfer to a serving platter (and keep warm*). Turn off  heat under skillet, and pour off any oil in pan. Add butter and capers to skillet. and swirl until melted, about 10 sec. Pour equally over fillets, and serve with lemon wedges and a BIG ol' SMILE!!*

"Be the SMILE of God" today. And, Happy Friday, Friends!!!

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment