Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Irish Lamb Stew!!

I just happened to have scored a package of lamb all ready cut into chunks yesterday from the Bargain Bin at Safeway, so I am making this in my crock pot today. Lamb is by far my fav. type of meat so I am one HAPPY and LUCKY Lady!!! As always, my changes to the original recipe are denoted by an asterisk*.
(no serving size listed)

1&1/2 lbs. thickly sliced smoked* uncured* bacon
6 lbs. boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2" pieces
1/2 t. Kosher* salt
1/4 t. freshly* ground pepper
1/2 t. crystallized* lemon*
1/2 t. Montreal Seasoning
1/2 t. Greek seasoning
1 t. dried thyme
1/4 t. oregano
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Large sweet onion, med. dice
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups low sodium* beef stock
1 t. white sugar
4 cups diced carrots
4 baby red potatoes, quartered
1 cup white wine
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary*

Place bacon on a rack over a baking sheet and bake it done in a 350 oven*. Pour off all but 1 T. grease. Drain on paper towels; cut into small dice. Saute onions and garlic in bacon fat til translucent. In a large bowl, place the lamb chunks, flour, and all seasoning except for the bay leaves and rosemary. Toss to combine. Put mixture into crockpot along with the onions and garlic, and all the rest of the ingredients. Cover and turn on low for 8-10 hours.

"Take My yoke upon you, I will give you Peace."

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment