Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

BLT with Southern Pimento Cheese

I made these sammies for my myself and my band mate, Bob (who was giving me a ride to rehearsal yesterday morning), and MAN, oh, MAN were they GOOD!!!

Pimento Cheese:
(serves 12)

2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar
8 oz. cream cheese with chives*, room temp.
1/2 cup light* mayo.
1/4 t. Johnny's Garlic Seasoning*, or garlic powder
1/4 t. cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes*
1/4 t. onion powder (since I used the cream cheese with chives, I omitted this*)
1/2 small jalapeno, seeded, and finely diced (wear gloves!!*)
1/4 t. smoked paprika* (LOVE this stuff!!!*)
1 4 oz. jar diced pimentos, drained well
Kosher* salt and freshly* ground pepper, to taste

Place all the ingredients into the large bowl of a mixer (or a hand mixer*), and beat on med. speed til you reach the consistency you like. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary*.

I toasted sour dough bread and slathered both "insides" with the pimento cheese. On top of the bottom slice, I laid bacon strips, salted tomato slices, and a lettuce leaf. Topped with other slice of bread and pushed gently down. I am going to make the same sammie this morning, but am adding Cajun smoked turkey = YUMOLA.

"Guard your mouth today".

Happy Presidents' Day!!

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment