Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

The Ultimate BLT

I LOVE a really good BLT, and this sure sounds good to me, tho I use uncured applewood smoked bacon (no preservatives like nitraits and nitrites). I also bake my bacon on a rack put over a baking sheet.
(serves 1)

1 egg
2 slices 7-grain or sourdough bread, lightly toasted
Handful of arugula
3 thick slices of heirloom* tomato
4 strips bacon, cooked to crisp*
Thinly sliced sweet onion*
Kosher* salt and freshly ground black pepper (white pepper contains gluten), to taste

Heat a small nonstick skillet over med. heat. Coat with olive oil cooking spray (I use coconut oil cooking spray*), and add egg. Cook to your taste. Line the bottom half of the bread with the arugula, followed by the tomato slices, onion, and bacon. Set the cooked egg carefully on top and season with a pinch of salt and plenty of pepper. Top with second slice of bread. YUMOLA*!!

"THIS is the day that the Lord hath made. I WILL rejoice and be GLAD in it!"

Love,

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment