Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Machete Milletti's Sassy Sausage and Zucchini Bake Crowned with Parmesan and Panko

Dear Readers, This is the recipe I made when I preformed it on KCTS TV in Seattle. I grow my own Sorrel, but if you can't find it, Spinach works - just add a little bit more lemon.......Hope you enjoy this Sacred Season!!
(serves 8)

1 lb. Spicy Italian sausage, cooked into crumbles and drained well
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2-3/4 cup shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend
1 small sweet onion, cut into tiny dice
1 large zucchini, cut into tiny dice
5-6 large sorrel leaves, torn into small pieces (or substitute baby spinach)
1/2 t. lemon pepper
1/2 t. thyme (lemon thyme is best)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Panko bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 325, and spray a 9x13" glass baking pan with cooking spray (I like to use coconut oil cooking spray). Whisk together eggs and mayo. Stir in sausage, Mexican cheese, onion, sausage, zucchini, sorrel, lemon pepper, and thyme. Pour mixture into pan, and top with Parmesan and panko. Bake until bubbly and lightly browned, about 20 mins. I like to serve with with a Caesar salad, and warm garlic bread!

Merry Christmas!!

I wish you all Peace and JOY, and most of all Love,

Machete Milletti ~ AKA Chef Deb


1 comment: