Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Easy Cuban Picadillo

"My girlfriend gave me this delicious recipe years ago. I've made it ever since for family and friends, and they all love it. My daughter takes to school for lunch the next day." Marie Wielgus, Wayne, NJ
(serves 4)

1 lb. lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 small green pepper, chopped (I would use a red pepper*)
1/4 cup chopped sweet* onion
1 can  (8 oz.) tomato sauce 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
1/4 cup raisins (I would use golden raisins*)
1 T. cider vinegar (I would use unfiltered vinegar*)
 2 cups hot cooked rice
Fresh cilantro leaves, optional

In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with pepper and onion over med.-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 min. Stir in tomato sauce, olives, raisins, and vinegar; bring to a boil Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until raisins  are softened, 5-6 min. Serve with rice, If desired, top with fresh cilantro.

"When you are up in a tree, ponder this: Jesus's death on the cross rescued us from our sins."

Have FUN today!!!!!

Love,

Machete Milletti

No comments:

Post a Comment